Valentine’s Day in the City of Sails
Here’s a short tour, complete with maps (I love maps!) of our day spent in Auckland City on Valentine’s Day.
1. We took the train from Glen Eden to the Britomart Train Station in the city, then walked along the harbor.
2. Then it was just a hop, skip, and a jump over to Revive to pick up lunch to-go.
3. We took the scenic route to Albert Park, where we were planning to have our picnic, walking through a neat area called the Chancery precinct …
4. … and then Auckland University.
5. Albert Park was right across the street.
6. After eating lunch, we made our way to the Auckland Art Gallery. The exhibits were very interesting, but they weren’t exactly from our favorite eras in the art world. This painting, however, we fell in love with!
The picture you see isn’t of the actual art gallery, but of a beautiful building next door.
7. We made our way back to the train station and took the train around to Mt. Eden Rd. where we hiked up Mt. Eden itself for some incredible views of the city.
More photos from the adventure can be viewed over at our Flickr page!